The purpose of the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards is to build sustainable models for arts and wellness innovation both across the community and UCF campus. Interdisciplinary collaboration and evidence based community impact will be recognized as guides for building sustainability.
The Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards are two awards of $25,000 each to UCF faculty or staff member, cross-disciplinary teams.
The COVID-19 pandemic has posed unique challenges for higher-education and the way faculty conduct research. However, some may find there could be silver lining in this opportunity and look at things in a bit of a different way now. Please reach out to Kara Robertson (Kara.Robertson@ucf.edu) or Heather Gibson (email@example.com) if you need to find a partner or have questions.
- Preference will be given to initiatives that are interdisciplinary and sustainable.
- Community-focused: Applicants must involve at least one community partner.
- Cross-disciplinary: Applicants must involve the UCF College of Arts and Humanities and at least one other college, unit or center at the University of Central Florida in each submission.
- All programs, initiatives or projects must contain an evaluation framework, quantitative or qualitative.
- Caregiving for loved ones with cognitive disorders.
- Enforcing positivity with youth populations/mental health/bullying.
- Daily wellness and self-care.
Nomination Form and Selection Process
The nomination form is available at https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5pQ2vQh9hPpF5Kl
- Nominations open August 28, 2020 and are due
November 20, 2020December 4 at noon. (Deadline extended.)
- The selection committee comprises a representative from the UCF College of Arts and Humanities, the UCF College of Nursing, and the UCF College of Medicine, as well as up to three at-large members from the arts and wellness community.
- If a team is selected as the winner, the team leader will receive the award.
- 2020-21 award winners will be announced in late January 2021
- Preview the 2020 application here:
Deadline extended: Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards
November 17, 2020 The Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards are $25,000 grants for interdisciplinary projects involving UCF faculty and community organizations.
Award-winning Positive Parenting Fables offers a modern twist on the classic fable
February 12, 2020 Positive Parenting Fables, the animated short film with a modern twist on the classic fable, is the result of a collaboration funded by the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards.
Grantees named for 2019 Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts and Wellness Awards
December 13, 2019 Two collaborative projects have been announced as the 2019 winners of the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Arts & Wellness Innovation Awards. The winning initiatives are “Creative Approaches to Combat HIV Stigma and Discrimination from Health Providers” and “Project Xavier Hands-free Training Game.”
A fabled opportunity: Philosophy student Abigail Reynolds presents research at Oxford
June 13, 2019 A first-year philosophy and political science student, Abigail Reynolds presented her undergraduate research, “How Fables Work: A Cross-Cultural Study” at the University of Oxford in England.