Established by the CAH Alumni Chapter’s Mentorship Committee and launching fall 2018, the CAH Alumni Mentorship Program plans to foster meaningful relationships between CAH alumni and current students. The program provides alumni with the opportunity to give back to their alma mater, expand their network and enhance their resume, while supporting the educational and professional development and experience of current CAH students. The program is specifically designed and coordinated by the CAH Alumni Chapter Board of volunteers. It is our belief that student enthusiasm and alumni support are crucial to the continued success and advancement of this mentorship program.
You have the opportunity to share you professional and personal experience and expertise with current CAH students.
Dean Jeff Moore is a proponent of mentorship, and is a mentor to Calvin Chiu ’17, a marimbist from Hong Kong. Watch them discuss the mutual value of their relationship:
“Early on, your teachers are your mentors, but mentorship goes beyond the teaching part. Alumni mentors can provide invaluable advice on moving down the road—not just a career path, but the road of life. A good mentor is a trail guide for our students and can provide a timely perspective on navigating toward success.”
— Dean Jeffrey Moore
Key Dates, 2018-2019
- August 24 | Deadline to apply to be a Mentor/Mentee
- August 27-31 | Mentorship Committee will match alumni mentors with student mentees
- September 6 | Program Kickoff Meet and Greet at Eclectic Knights X
- January 7-18 | Mid-year Follow-up Review by Mentorship Committee
- April 5-14 | Mentorship Program End-of-year Event at UCF Celebrates the Arts
- April 16-27 | Follow-up Review and Survey
If you have missed a deadline or have questions, please contact CAHMentorship@ucfalumni.com.