Posted May 2, 2012
The College of Arts & Humanities at the University of Central Florida is conducting an internal search for an Assistant Dean of Technology.
Job Description: The Assistant Dean of Technology reports directly to the Dean and provides strategic counsel, budgetary stewardship, and tactical management of information technology, information outreach, and IT support services. Duties also include oversight and program coordination of the interdisciplinary Texts and Technology doctoral program residing currently within the college.
Minimum Requirements: Currently tenured Associate or Full Professor within the College of Arts & Humanities at the University of Central Florida holding a doctoral degree in a relevant area with a prior record of experience in academic leadership.
- Significant prior experience in a technology leadership position directing IT projects, staff, and technology resources is preferred.
- Experience with digital media production tools and/or research experience using applied technology development is preferred.
- Develop technology strategies that further support the long term strategic goals of the college and university.
- Encourage both internal and external partnerships to benefit the college and other units within the college.
- Provide strategic leadership to determine the technology needs of various stakeholders to effectively serve the goals of students, faculty, and staff in the college.
- Oversee all information technology staff within the college, including: technical support, server administration, and web/database development personnel.
- Oversee the development of web based information resources including the college web site, specialized tools and web portals, and other technologies that support teaching, learning, research, community engagement, and administrative operations within the college.
- Coordinate with other college and university administrators on technology issues relating to research, budget, space, and curriculum within the college.
- Plan and administer the technology unit's operating budget and work with college budget personnel to plan a suitable long-term technology infrastructure for the college and its units/departments.
- Propose technology policies and procedures that meet the needs of IT users and are in compliance with university IT policies.
- Represent the college's technology interests through service on relevant technology committees.
- Coordinate the Texts and Technology doctoral program. Duties include scheduling, assessment, advising, curricular planning, and direct supervision of graduate teaching assistants in the program.
Application: To be considered, all applicants need to submit a letter of intent expressing their administrative philosophy and strategic vision for the role of technology in the College of Arts & Humanities; curriculum vitae with the names and contact information of three current references, one of which must be outside the applicant’s department; and the completed/signed UCF Applicant Affirmation form. Applicants can visit the Academic Affairs/Provost’s website to print the form for completion.
Please submit all required applicant information to:
Search Committee Chair
College of Arts and Humanities
Dean’s Office CAH 190
4000 Central Florida Boulevard
University of Central Florida
Orlando, FL 32816-1990
The committee will begin reviewing applications immediately, the ad is open for a minimum of four weeks from the date of the last approved advertisement, and will remain open until filled.
The University of Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.